DMCA Policy: Digital Millennium Copyright Act
At Breast Cancer DIY, we respect the intellectual property rights of others and are committed to complying with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). This policy outlines our procedures for addressing copyright infringement on our website and how we respond to such reports.
Reporting Copyright Infringement:
If you believe that any content, images, or materials on Breast Cancer DIY infringe upon your copyright or the copyright of someone you represent, please send a detailed notice of infringement to our designated DMCA Agent at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your DMCA notice must include the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information to contact you, including your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please note that knowingly misrepresenting that material is infringing may result in legal liability.
Responding to DMCA Notices:
Upon receiving a valid DMCA notice, we will promptly investigate the alleged infringement. If we determine that the material is indeed infringing, we will take appropriate actions, which may include removing or disabling access to the infringing material.
If you believe that your material has been removed or disabled mistakenly or misidentified as infringing, you may send us a counter-notification. Your counter-notification must include the following:
- Identification of the material that has been removed or disabled and the location where the material appeared before it was removed or disabled.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good-faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located or the appropriate judicial district, and that you will accept service of process from the party who provided the original DMCA notification or an agent of such party.
Please send the counter-notification to email@example.com.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this DMCA Policy, please contact our designated DMCA Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Breast Cancer DIY reserves the right to modify or update this policy as needed to comply with the DMCA and other applicable laws and regulations.
Last updated: August, 2023